Thank you for inviting us to your career-focused events! Due to the volume of requests from job fairs and schools in Oregon and Washington, the Pacific Northwest Carpenters Institute and the NW Carpenters Union are teaming up to best serve our community and school partners. Tell us about your event so we can determine if we can add your event to our calendar and how best to staff your event. Please take minute to fill out our online request form: http://bit.ly/CareerReq
Our team meets monthly to consider requests and identify staff who might be able to attend school-based and community events.
- Priorities When Scheduling
- Pre-apprenticeship programs with whom we have a Memorandum of Understanding
- Schools implementing Career Connections, the Carpenters high school curriculum
- Opportunities to meet diverse populations including BIPOC, women and veterans
- Hands-on and interactive events over literature distribution/tabling
- Staff Availability
On our Calendar
October 22, 2020 | Accessing Union Apprenticeship – a free conference for educators and influencers of youth
November 8 – 14, 2020 | Celebrate National Apprenticeship Week with PNCI!
- Trade Stories : Construction Apprentices Talk to Teens
- Join an online panel of union apprentices from PNCI as they talk about choosing their career path and what they love about their work. Questions welcome! Oregon high school students completing Career Related Learning Experiences (CRLEs) for their school requirements may request a Certificate of Participation.
- Pre-register for your choice of dates at: http://bit.ly/TradeStories
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm on Tuesday, November 10, 2020
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm on Thursday, November 12, 2020